Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rain Makes Newells Happy


I have to say that rain makes the Newells happy. My wifes amazing garden is doing great (as seen in the pic below this post) and I get to head to the rivers.

Late apil and early may brought some great rain to the ozarks. I have an amazing wife who puts up with me getting up at 4am to check river levels and rainfall amounts and then lets me disapear to the rivers and creeks of arkansas. This pic is from Long Devils falls which is a creek that feeds Richland creek. This pic was taken on an amazing day. I had the pleasure of running richland creek with my friend Ben Rodda from Eureka Springs. Ben and I hiked up Long Devils Creek with another crew of boaters from across the state and all had great runs off the falls. Long devils falls is better known from Tim Earnst waterfall picture books.

0 comments: