Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Camera's Back In Action!!!

And what else do I choose to take pictures of with my newly-charged camera?

EL JARDIN!!!

If you've been following this blog since it's conception, then you will barely recognize this 10x5ft rectangle of gloriousness you're about to witness. Or, if you're just reading this for the first time, you can just scroll back to a few weeks ago in the posting history and see the tiny little garden, just waiting for a good rain...

Holy mole, this is the garden that lives and grows on Featherston Road


Attack of the killer butternut squash!!!!


Jake thinks I'm feeding him leaves off the tree. Really, it's just spinach!!


The cauliflower that refuses to produce a vegetable. I might have accidentally planted elephant ears...


This is where the cauliflower is supposed to live, right here in the middle. I think. Does is grow underground or something??


'maters. Mr. Stripey, to be exact.


Bibb lettuce. Yum-o!


This critter has been eating marigolds, thankfully.


Speaking of marigolds...



Everyone that lives in my house is afraid of this weed.

Point taken, weed. We will avoid you at all costs. But, one day your ticket will be up and we will buy a weed-eater and blow you to smitherines. You have just been warned.


And, last but not least, the anatomically correct baby bell pepper. Jake giggled when I showed him this picture. I have no idea why.


Other veggies growing are onions, green beans, okra, and cucumbers. I just didn't want to overload everyone with images (a.k.a. bore our audience with something only I find fascinating...)

Next on the blog post will be updates on Jake's jobsites. After these messages, we'll be ri-ii-iight back.

1 comments:

Sam said...

That's a great garden! :) I'm happy you have such wonderful things to eat in your backyard!